PolicyHandler™ is a web-based, complete policy management system for Workers’ Compensation, designed to support all phases of the policy lifecycle. PolicyHandler’s capabilities include data-driven rating tools, quoting, automated renewal process, direct and agency billing, along with optional workflow tools.
Modules & Interfaces
Loss Costs/Rating Variables/Templates
The integration of user-definable rating elements with a customizable rating engine supports jurisdictional premium algorithms. An importation of loss cost tables provides for easy, yearly rate changes.
Logical functionality streamlines the quote-to-issuance workflow. “One-click” copying of quotes allows for re-use of data previously entered and makes creation of multiple, alternate versions of submissions easy, increasing production and shortening turn-around time frames.
Emailing capabilities are available throughout the entire system for sending and receiving mail within the policy file.
Users have the ability to add notes for each individual policy.
Designed for HIPAA compliance, this tool streamlines administration while maintaining the highest level of data security.
The billing module offers both direct and agency billing including a scheduling tool that allows defined premium payment amounts and frequencies. Additional features include self-report and installment bill processing, past due processing, and billing reports.
An auditing assignment module sends audit requests to third parties via e-mail. Auditors may login to the system via the internet and review the requested policy, but also manage their existing workload of audits previously assigned.
PolicyHandler’s Business Rules Engine can automate a user-defined policy workflow process by applying a number of days prior to expiration, as well as routing rules. The results are system renewal quote creation with notification to the underwriting staff for review and analysis of the policy’s premium and loss history.
PolicyHandler currently offers business rules to automate workflow. Based on a qualifying action in PolicyHandler, each business rule triggers either one or a combination of user defined actions.
An integrated tool for the generation of policy related documentation. Any correspondence that has been generated is tracked in the database and stored at the policy level.
Diary functions provide a comprehensive tool that allows users to track tasks and monitor policy related activities in two key components: The Diary Audit Page and the Policy Diary page.
An internal messaging tool allowing PolicyHandler users to communicate within the system to enhance workflows and increase production.
The Benchmark of Service & Support
JW Software utilizes a standard template for the implementation process. This process includes six major phases: Identification, Design, Development, Testing/Validation, Production, and Post-Product. This methodology has helped JW Software implement over 200 clients over with a 100% success rate.
PolicyHandler and FileHandler software are updated each year with at least one major and several minor releases. All JW Software clients are members of our User Group and help to decide the new features included in the major release.
We have converted over 200+ systems with a 100% success rate. Our experience provides extensive knowledge in database structures and data relationships in the industry.
Software & Hardware Requirements
Web Application Server
The Policy Handler application is installed on this server. The application will establish connections to a separate database server. For best performance, the application server should not house additional web applications, databases, email systems or other resource-intensive applications.
•Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 recommended.
•.NET framework version 3.5.1 required.
• 8 gigabytes of RAM recommended/Intel Xeon processors recommended.
• 40 gigabytes of drive space.
All claims management data will be stored in a database on this machine.
• Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 recommended.
• 8 gigabytes of RAM recommended/Intel Xeon processors reccomended.
• RAID 5 hard disk array recommended.
• Disk space requirements vary based on an organization’s workflow. Typical organizations should have between 20 to 80 gigabytes of available storage on a dedicated server.
• Microsoft SQL Server version SQL 2012 reccomended, or Oracle version 9i or higher database engine with the appropriate number of user licenses applied.
Users manage claims through the web browsers at their workstations. Processor speed and memory have less impact at the workstations than at the servers. However, a typical workstation might consist of:
• Sufficient memory and processor speed to have several screens open simultaneously, including multiple browser screens, MS Office applications, email and/or a PDF reader.
• Common internet browser: Chrome, Internet Explorer, Fire Fox, Safari, etc.
• Your Information Systems staff must establish a reliable backup routine for the Policy Handler database.
• A Microsoft Exchange server is required if PolicyHandler’s email management service is installed.
• Policy Handler operates on Microsoft networks.
• To save on the time and resources involved with maintaining this environment, consider our secure application hosting service.
If you would like someone from JW Software to contact you to see how we may help you with your business needs, please fill out and submit this form.
JW Software, Inc. is a privately held company dedicated to providing the best claims management software system to the market since 1989. FileHandler Enterprise, PolicyHandler, and our customized solutions have helped our customers manage their business needs for over 28 years.